On WWE, Gatekeeping in Startup PH, Content, and Modern Business Owners
Pre-Monday work session rants
Thoughts on a pre-Monday work session right below.
But first, a wrestling photo. We just got off a weekend high watching WWE Crown Jewel. No spoilers.
And here are my quick thoughts tonight:
- Marketing online is like having an IMAGINARY DEBATE with your potential customers: build trust, evoke emotions, build reasoning. You can do all of that through CONTENT.
- Less "quiet quitting". More "vacation mode".
- Milk tea tastes better when it's a reward for draftings lots of quotes.
- Startup scene in the PH is all about GATEKEEPING -- people gatekeeping intros, referrals, recommendations, and endorsements to other founders, VC contacts, accelerators, angels, etc.
- No one will believe you when you say you are "working hard". Results speak louder than words.
- The best modern-day business owners are those that are willing to try out new ways to solve old problems. They are the smart people that take advantage of the value they receive, the latest tech at usually lower costs and stellar customer service in exchange for being an early adopter.
- An adaptable product is one that captures multiple markets and still sell. Take it from Roman Reigns of WWE. He has “reigned“ for two years and captured markets in India and Saudi Arabia who love him so much, even WWE management has to constantly make him win every match.
Thanks for reading The Wicked by Fleire Castro! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.